Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Two a day...

I decided to change up the blog template, I hope ya'll like it :-)

Today I met up with Kirk "the electrician" and Zach "the Whitt" for a morning workout at the box. We did a little strength work on pull ups, here it is:

8am

warm up
-circuit
-kb swings x 25 (35#)
-kb swings x 20 (53#)
-kb swings x 15 (70#)

Pull ups with added weight with 20 abmat sit ups following each set then rest 90 sec
6 x Bodyweight Pull ups
6 x 15# added weight pull up
6 x 20# added weight
6 x 30# added weight

rest 2 min. then...

30 x db push press (45#)
40 x plyo push ups (chest to ground and hands come off the ground)
50 x pull ups (I did 2 sets of 10 then 2 sets of 15)

Then I worked out with the 5pm class, I was late so I didn't get to do the deadlift strength portion, just the wod.

5 rounds for time:
250m row
15 KTE
12 Kb Swings
9 Kb SDHP

Since we had 7 rowers and I was the 8th person, Coach Daren decided to make things interesting by having me start AFTER Kirk was done with the rower and having me try to catch up to Kirk (also known as "the electrician"). If I caught up to Kirk and beat him he would have to do 50 burpees, if I didn't catch up to him I would have to do 50 burpees. So...someone was going to do burpees at the end.
Well, Kirk was blasting through the workout and I never caught up to him. Great workout Kirk!

My Time: 16:36 (minus what it took Kirk to row the first 250m)

Then...Kirk and I divided up the 50 burpees, I did 10, then he did 10 until we got to 50. BRUTAL wod!

No comments:

Post a Comment