Thursday, March 18, 2010

Pura Vida



I have a good friend, his name is Justin Whitworth, a few years ago he said to me something that I will always remember "pura vida". Those of you that speak spanish know that means "pure life", when Justin explained it to me he said it meant exactly what it says...pura vida. I went out for a run today and I absolutely fell in love with the day, what a day! It is gorgious outside...God is awesome....isn't HE! To have such an amazing day you can only thank one person, the creator of the universe and all things. The saying "pura vida" came to mind because as I was running I was thinking "this is the life", I am out here enjoying this beautiful day in one of the most amazing and pure ways, a run. I was reminded today how much I love running, I had not run in almost 2 weeks because I have been preparing for the CrossFit Sectionals competition. And I had not run up to 6 miles in almost 6 or 7 weeks. I encourage anyone reading this post to start running, if you hate it (like I once did) it is only because you are out of shape...that's the truth. But trust me, you can get in shape, it is easy! All you have to do is put your mind to it and do it. There is no better feeling than to feel healthy, fit and to be able to go out on a day like today and knock out 6 miles on the pavement. If you are afraid of injury, then check the shoes you are wearing, check the amount of weight you are carrying and understand that if you have not ran in 20 years you are going to feel some discomfort...but do not let that discourage you. I have mentioned a book called Born To Run, if you have not got then get it and read it and start running. Running is "Pura Vida"!

11am

Garmin Stats -

6.18 miles
53:01
8:35 min/mile
998 calories

Then I decided to hit up the CSCF class at 6pm, what a workout! Awesome energy in that class, maybe because Kirk "the electrician" was there, but Zach and Joanna definitely brought the pain too!

warm up
-circuit
3 sets of:
12 push ups
9 box jumps

W.O.D.

AMRAP in 20 minutes of:
400m row
15 kb swing (I did 1st round with 53# then Kirk upgraded to 70# so I had to)
10 ring dips
5 front squats 115#

I did 5 rounds and 400m row, Daren was drilling me on the last row and made me stay under 1:50 pace which was killer. Today was an awesome day, great workout Daren!

No comments:

Post a Comment