Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Go big or go home


Well, I had no intention in doing a row today but I got a text message from Daren asking if I wanted to join him in a 10k row. I could not say no.....

10:45am
warm up
-barely anything, modified circuit

10k Row (yes, that is 10,000 meters)

Time: 42:16

I felt good the whole time, I just paced myself. It was a long time to be sitting on that rower, I stopped for a few seconds and drank water every 2500 meters.

Here is the workout that I intended on doing today, the final chipper from the 2009 CrossFit Games:

2:45pm
warm up
-circuit
-a few squat cleans and thrusters

WOD:
155# Squat Cleans x 15
Toes to Bar x 30
24" Box Jumps x 30
Muscle Ups x 15 (Since I can't do Muscle ups I subbed 3 ring pull ups and 3 ring dips for 1 muscle up, so I ended up doing 45 ring pull ups and 45 ring dips)
45# DB Push Press x 30
Double Unders x 30
135# Thrusters x 15
Pull ups x 30
Burpees x 30
300 feet walking lunges with a 45# plate overhead

Time: 31:09

This was a really tough workout, the ring pull ups and dips took forever. I need to start working on muscle ups. The weight was heavy but I could handle it. This is a workout that I need to be able to move through a lot faster.

I am heading to Miami tomorrow morning for the CrossFit Affiliate Gathering, I am really excited! It is a 2 day conference where they will talk to us about several things related to CrossFit, there is a great line-up of speakers. I will try and post, we are supposed to do a big group workout on the beach Friday at 5pm, I bet it will be brutal.

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool you are going to Miami, have fun and take pictures for your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joanna! I'll definitely take a lot of pics and post them!

    ReplyDelete