Tuesday, April 27, 2010

One Month...

I am one month away from the South Central Regional competition, every workout until then will matter. It is important that I carefully plan out what I am trying to get out of this month. I am going to talk to Coach Daren and see what he thinks. I know I have things I need to work on but I also know that I don't program my workouts with much thought. I am a CrossFit junkie, I just go hard and don't care really what the wod is just as long as it's CrossFit. I know there are more of my kind out there, I am not the only one.

8am

warm up
-circuit
-muscle up work

1000m row - 3:17

WOD -
10 minutes of:
-6 Power Snatch 95#
-10 Ring Dips

1000m row - 3:31

The 10 minute wod was incredible difficult, the goal was to do one round per minute but after my third round I knew I better just approach it like an AMRAP. I did 5 rounds and 6 snatch and 7 ring dips. My shoulders were toast, I struggled on the ladder part of the workout with the ring dips more than the snatch.

6pm CSCF class

warm up
-circuit
-30 second handstand
-20 OHS

Strength - Bench Press (with 10 double unders between sets)
135 x 10, 205 x 5, 225 x 5, 245 x 5, 255 x 5

WOD-
5 rounds of:
Deadlift (275#) x 3
Box Jumps (24") x 10

Time: 2:32

I was really happy with my performance this evening, I did not stop moving on the wod. I definitely was not as fast on my last set of box jumps as my first but I didn't stop to take my "little breaks" I like to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment