Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Leg Day

Worked out at the box this morning with Will, Zach, "the electrician" (I don't even have to say his name anymore, you know who he is), and Chris Rogers. We hit it hard.

8:30am

warm up
-circuit

Strength - Back Squat
135 x 5, 225 x 3, 275 x 2, 315 x 2, 315 x 2, 315 x 3

W.O.D.

3 rounds for time of:
20 Back Squat (135#)
20 KB Swing (53#)
20 Knees to Elbows

Time: 10:03

I felt good during this workout, the heavy squats were definitely a challenge on the sets of 315#. I was able to get all of my back squats and kb swings unbroken on the met con, my knees to elbows got better on sets two and three.

4pm - CSCF class with celebrity guest Danny from CrossFit ATM!

warm up
-circuit
-20 pvc overhead squats
-30 sec handstand

Strength - one rep max ground to overhead (we went with snatch)
65 x 1, 95 x 1, 135 x 1 (failed), 135 x 1, 155 x 1, 165 x 1(failed 3 times)

W.O.D.
5 rounds for time of (with a 20# weighted vest):
15 wall balls (20#)
10 burpees

Time: 6:06

I got some great tips on my snatch from Danny, it helps so much to have a coach on those movements. The met con was pretty brutal, I felt my legs from the very first set of wall balls. Since Daren and Danny were doing the met con with me it made me push harder. I was happy that I just kept moving the whole time, it is kinda crazy but I felt like the few seconds on the floor from my burpees was the best recovery I had during the wod. All around, today was a great leg day. I'll do a jog tomorrow and hopefully get more than 2 muscle ups tomorrow afternoon at gymnastics....oh yea, AND YOGA!

No comments:

Post a Comment