Saturday, April 17, 2010

Friday

I didn't get around to posting yesterday so I'll just post two times today. Yesterday I didn't get around to working out until the afternoon, around 4pm. I didn't want to do anything to intense, more of an active recovery but I ended up feeling exhausted and really fatigued after barely doing anything (in my mind). Coach Daren pointed out that this is a clear indicator of over training, and I think he is right. BUT, it is so hard to hold back right now on workouts, I only have 6 weeks until regional's and I feel so behind. I have a retreat next weekend, from Thursday to Sunday and I will not be able to workout on Friday and Saturday, so I am going to maybe take tomorrow off and then take advantage of that retreat as a forced recovery.

4pm

warm up
-circuit
3 rounds of:
-5 hspu (head to ground)
-7 pull ups (chest to bar)

15 pvc overhead squat
15 bb overhead squat

10 hang snatch (95#)
7 hang snatch (115#)
4 hang snatch (135#)

Power Clean
135 x 5, 145 x 5, 155 x 5, 165 x 5

I wanted to do some Jerks and Clean & Jerks but really had nothing left. I felt like I would have done more damage than good if I kept going. I feel good this morning and am looking forward to our 11am affiliate team workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment