Friday, May 14, 2010

Rest Day

I feel for the first time ever really good about taking today off from working out. I actually feel like it is a good thing for my body and my mind; AND I am not feeling guilty about it. I usually feel guilty if I take a day off, like I am regressing because of it. I hit the gym hard four days in a row this week and I am excited to hit the 11am affiliate team workout tomorrow rested up.

So, since I am not working out today I thought I would post about something that is on my mind. I feel incredibly blessed to be able to compete at regionals in two weeks. If you know me personally then you know my story, I used to be overweight, slow and very unhealthy. I feel God has used exercise to bring me closer to Him. With that being said, I have felt very convicted lately with the sin of pride. If you would have looked in my heart after sectionals I would have proudly told you it was me who worked so hard to get ready for sectionals and me who is a great crossfit athlete and me who deserves all of the credit. Even though I actually barely made it by placing 27th out of the 30 who qualified. AND, I actually had the same exact score as 28th, 29th and 30th place...how humbling is that!

I feel like God has blessed me with so many gifts and so much through out my life and I have not always given Him the credit for it that He deserves. I feel like I have always wanted to give myself the credit. I have always wanted to think it was me doing these things and accomplishing these goals, when in fact, it was Him. This has always caused me to depend on myself and not 100% on the Holy Spirit which is within me. I know I am not ready at this time in my life to compete in the CrossFit Games. When I say I am not ready, I mean mentally, if I qualified for the Games right now it would go straight to my head. That ego that likes to come out would inflate my head. I feel like God knows that and wants to make sure I am ready to 100% represent Him when that day comes. Because right now I would only be representing me.

This doesn't mean I am not going to work hard at regionals and give it my all, I am definitely going to do my very best. The only reason I write this is so everyone reading it knows that the Holy Spirit resides in every single Christian on earth. The same power that resurrected our savior, Jesus Christ, is inside of us. I don't know about you but this excites me like crazy! Could you imagine doing a CrossFit WOD with that power, wow! But remember one thing, it is not you, or me, it is Him who is inside of us. And right now that is my challenge, taking me off of the pedestal I have put myself on and putting God on that pedestal. When I do that, God will do amazing things, He will work in me and do things that I could never do on my own. I can say it as much as I want and write it and even think it, but until I truely feel it in my heart 100%, when that day comes....I feel I will be competing in the Games. As for now, I am just praying and asking God to work on my heart. I am seeking humility.

A life given to God is a life well spent; a life not given to God is a life wasted.

John 6:63 (NLT) “It is the Spirit who gives eternal life. Human effort accomplishes nothing. And the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment