Monday, May 10, 2010

Good day

I don't know why but for the last two weeks I have felt like my workouts were not good. Let me rephrase that, I just have not felt like I have been getting any of those "really good" wods in, you know that feeling when you finish a wod and you are like "man, that was awesome" and you feel like you gave it your all. I am not sure why, Daren says it's all in my head. Well, today I finally felt like I hit it hard and got two good workouts in.

11am

warm up
-circuit
-some pull ups, kb swings, push ups and HSPU

WOD - "Bear Complex"

Complete the following sequence for 1 rep:
Power Clean
Front Squat
Push Press
Back Squat
Push Press

95, 115, 135, 145, 145*

I did my first 4 sets without lettting go of the bar, I had no idea that was how you are supposed to do the bear until Zach (who no longer posts on his blog) told me a couple months ago. The 4th set was really tough and I knew if I tried 155# on my last set I would have to let go of the bar. Turns out, I did anyway with 145# on the last set on the 5th rep.

4pm

warm up
-circuit
-some pull ups and ring dips

WOD -
500m Row
20 ring dips
500m Row
15 pull ups
500m Row
10 burpees
500m Row
15 pull ups
500m Row
20 ring dips
500m Row

Time: 17:18

I felt really good after this workout, I was proud of myself for getting both sets of pull ups unbroken. I really think this type of workout is my favorite, that 15-20min wod.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow morning, the electrician - Kirk, set it up so we can workout at Netum Steed! I'll post all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment