Saturday, January 30, 2010

Posting Workouts

I have been crossfitting consistently now for 2 weeks after focusing on running and triathlons for the last four and a half months. I crossfitted 6 days last week with a couple of those being two a days and five days this week with one two a day. I am definitely feeling it :-)

I have to say that I absolutely love working out with all of our athletes in the various class times I have been attending. You have all made tremendous progress and working out with you really pushes me to work harder. The only way to get better is to work hard and when you work out on your own you just don't push as hard. I had a chance to deadlift with Kirk yesterday and it amazed me how easy he made 385# look, and I know working in with him helped me get my set of 335#. Also, squatting with Zach and Will on Monday was extremely humbling. Zach squatted a very impressive 350#, and he probably weighs 160....over twice his body weight! While I struggled to get up 315#. My strength has definitely suffered from the marathon training, but that's part of the deal, now it's time to get it back.

I really like Daren's blog and how he posts his daily workouts so I am going to start doing the same thing. Beginning today I will post my daily workouts, whether it's a run, a ride, a crossfit WOD, a two a day, or even a rest day. Feel free to post comments, I need as much accountability as possible right now. In the last couple of weeks on days when I am not sure whether or not to get a second WOD in I text Daren and ask him what he thinks I should do, and he responds "heck ya, you gotta get ready for the games". It's funny because I text him and know what he's going to say but that accountability is awesome, thanks Daren.

I hope all of our athletes do the same thing, post your workout results on our blog daily. Let our crossfit community know your progress. I know some of you already do post but I challenge those of you who don't to start on Monday as well.

Six weeks and counting until the CrossFit Sectionals competition.

Today's Workout -

5 mile run - pretty cold and windy, I think it was 34 degrees

Garmin stats -

5.00 miles
Total time - 40:52.72
avg. mile - 8:11
810 calories

I have to say it felt AWESOME getting back out on the pavement, I have not gone out on a real run since my half marathon 2 weeks ago. My plan is to get 2 runs in a week between 3 and 6 miles.

2 comments: