Thursday, January 14, 2010

First Goal for 2010

If you are following my blog then I hope you have already set a specific goal for yourself. Remember that these goals can revolve around your workouts or your diet.

I am announcing my first goal for 2010, this Sunday I am running the Houston Half Marathon. This race filled up in 48 hours when it opened for registration in July. They offer a 5k, half and full marathon. There will be 20,000 people out there and it will be awesome. Last year this race was my first ever full marathon. After doing four marathons in 2009, it will feel a little weird making the turn at mile 9 instead of continuing with the route for the full 26.2 miles.

My training this last month has not been the best, since I ran the Dallas full on December 13th I have not ran over 8 miles and I only did that once. Most of my runs have been 4 to 6 miles. I have managed to keep an 8:30 - 8:45 pace on most of my runs which is really good for me, I am usually a 9:15 to 9:45 minute pace runner. I ran 6 miles yesterday in 50 minutes and felt pretty good. Last week I was sick and I did not workout for four days, that was the most consecutive days I have taken off in a long time. Then, I thought I was feeling better on the 5th day and did a 50 pull up/50 burpee workout and messed myself up again. Lesson learned: if you are sick or recovering from a really bad week of being sick, do not go all out on a crossfit workout.

So, my first goal for 2010 is to run this half marathon (13.1 miles) in one hour and 45 minutes. This is setting the bar extremely high for me, my fastest half is 1:53:46 which was 2 years ago in College Station at the Armadillo Dash. I will have to start the race strong and maintain that pace the entire time. A 1:45:00 half marathon is roughly an 8 minute mile pace. We'll see how it goes.

I will post my time Sunday night and also post my next goal for 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment