Monday, November 23, 2009

Black Box Summit



I went to a 3 day seminar this past weekend called the "Black Box Summit". It was a program created by Jeremy Thiel (CrossFit Central) and Dutch Lowy (CrossFit ATM). They had several of the top names and most insightful people in the ever-growing CrossFit community. There were about 40 affiliate owners and 9 speakers. Jeremy has a first class facility and business in Austin, his trainers led our group workouts and we were all taken care of very well by the entire staff.

This weekend was a big growing step for me, as a business owner and as a CrossFit athlete. I have always believed in surrounding yourself with people who motivate you and challenge you intellectually. This weekend did just that. I definitely came home with some applicable information, but also with some humility on myself as a business owner and athlete. I do not think of myself as the best athlete or most successful person, but going to Black Box Summit definitely let me know that there are a lot of people out there who are doing it all much better and succeeding at it much more than me. I do not say this to down talk myself or my achievements, I simply say this so that whoever reads this realizes that their is always someone out there on top of your game. So you better be chasing them, you have to keep doing what you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment